Monday, September 9, 2013

Dascolly Awkward


So... This is me.. Around 3 years ago... Weeeeell, this photo was taken during Christmas in 2010. I know, I know.. I am perfectly aware that I look odd in the picture above, so if you'd do me the favor by not clicking on the photo, I'd forever be grateful for that.

As the title says, 'Dascolly AWKWARD' talks about my awkward years. Just in case you don't know what dascolly is, it actually means nothing. Like seriously; nothing's special with the "adverb" dascolly. A classmate of mine named Edric just made it up after our English teacher's surname  Ms. Dasco.

I just read about the Awkward Years project by Merilee Allred and thought that I could do one too. However, I wasn't able to find a hard copy of an awkward photo and take a shot of it with my present self. And so, I end up with a soft copy of what you can see at the top of the post.

I used to be extremely boyish that at one point of my life; I wore baggy t-shirts or polo's with shorts. I wore pants a lot and didn't want to be bought any of those frilly, ruffle-y, pink dresses and blouses. I still remember telling my mom that when she'd buy clothes for me, it had to be a tee. If it wasn't a tee, I wouldn't like it at all  not one bit, not at all. I didn't give the slightest attention to what and how I looked like. I always went with "as long as it's comfy, you're good to go". I thought like a dude most of the time too. I didn't fix my hair, or I'd do a low pony tail for my hair like those rock star dudes with long hair used to do.

Honestly, I didn't exactly want to show anyone this picture, but I did and I'm proud of myself. (Lol) Looking back at how I used to look like, I can say that I've learned and changed a lot  from someone who didn't know the least bit about looking good to one that actually tries to look decent.

I actually have a lot more awkward and embarrassing moments, but these things? They've made me a lot better now and that's just who I am. I've learned to accept these things and try to improve not only for myself but also for the people around me.

Look. We all used to be awkward once and that's perfectly fine 'cause that makes us even better right now. I guess we should just try to improve ourselves instead of regretting those times and things that we've done wrong.

I guess that's it and I'll be leaving you with a short announcement! Yay me! Hahaha! See you guys in the next post! Thanks for reading! :)
P.S!
I'll be having this Ask Jessy bit and all you have to do is to click on the photo of me at the side and ask away! :D Get the chance for your question to be featured on my next blog post given that I like it. :)) Yaaaaay!


No comments:

Post a Comment