Monday, May 6, 2013

Summer's Been...

It's summer here in the Philippines and I apologize for not being able to blog. I have been away from my lappy for a long time. (sigh) Well, I'm back now! Yay me! Kidding. :)

I do hope that no one got offended at the last blog post...

First of all, summer has been exciting. Summer is probably the most awaited time of the year by most people. It's pretty obvious why - that's cuz summer is the time of the year where most galas, shopping sprees, going abroad, and a lot of other things happen. Honestly, I was one of those in hopes of going abroad this time due to the intense heat here in the Philippines! Some people might even think that wearing jeans can kill. Well, that may be a bit too much but I think you get my point. ;)


I was excited, thinking about all the possibilities of things that could happen this summer. But then, tragedy happened. My grandmother was attack by stroke and the right side of her body became paralyzed. It's a pretty good thing that she still lives! Hallelujah! She had to stay at home, which meant, I needed to stay with her.

Second, summer has been unproductive. Grana (what I call my grandmother) can hardly walk properly, so we don't go out much. Mom is always busy with work and comes home tired. We've got no driver. I guess I can say, I'm pretty much stuck at home. Hahaha! I think I've been doing daily routines. :O However, I still believe I find joy in what I'm doing.

Lastly, summer has been fun. Going out may not happen much which leads to buying lots of stuff whenever we go out. Mom would scold us because of that. Oh joy! (Sense the sarcasm there.) Spending time with Grana has also been a fun. She can be real funny. Her Tagalog and English isn't as good due to growing up in China. I believe my Grana looks cute without her teeth. Lol. Little moments like me catching her snooze then she denies it, and her having to repeat words a lot of times to correct her pronunciation leads to laughing.

I think the best part of my summer so far is getting to buy things online and meeting new people. :) I've found joy in reading books since I was little but then sometimes I get lazy having to carry my phone, my iTouch, the lappy, and other things for instance and also my book. I thought that having e-books will become more worth it, for I no longer need to carry a lot of things.

I found this store on Instagram that sold e-books for 10 PHP each! That's like really really cheap already! Diane, the owner of the shop, has been very nice to even answer my questions even though it was late at night. The transaction goes really smoothly and I love Ebooks Nation for that! Check her out and maybe find books of your liking! http://instagram.com/ebooksnation and http://www.facebook.com/ebooksnation will lead you to some of the books she sells. I availed her promo of getting 20 books and 7 more free books of my choice. Because of the promo, I decided to get books for not only me, but also for my mom, Grana, and sister. :D
Here's a screenshot of the books I got from Ebooks Nation. :)
I even got 13 free e-books which was supposed to be just 10 from The Ultimate Bibliophile for adding her and following her on IG. Janica, is extremely nice and very easy to talk to. :) It's as if adding 3 additional books wasn't enough yet, she decided to give e-books for free! 







Here's what I got from her at first. I wasn't able to get a screenshot of the others.
Last but not least, I also got this  11" Satchel Green-Tan Combi from Shop In A Click, who is a legit seller, and not only that. THEY DO SHIP WORLDWIDE! Awesome right? :) Here are the links to their accounts: http://instagram.com/shopinaclick and https://www.facebook.com/shopinaclick. I've had a speedy transaction with them and I dig that. I've attached a picture of the bag I bought below and may I apologize for the color. I adjusted the exposure of the camera to make it look better but I noticed that I altered the color a bit. Oh well.
Ta-daaaaa! My new cute and chic satcheeeel! Yaaaaay!
Oh! And I got new glasses. Hihihi! BTW, do they look good? :)
Don't be afraid to leave comments! I like getting to know my readers.

Til next time,
Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment